|Patti Smith @ Webster Hall, 9/8/11|
Happy Friday, kids! I'm typing this while watching the Yankees' opening game and streaming Screaming Females' new album Ugly in preparation for tonight's Bell House show (Tickets still available! Go!), so pleaze porden ani typus.
- The world-renowned Metropolitan Museum has announced its 2012-13 "Met Museum Presents" concert series with a hell of an opener: Patti Smith celebrating Andy Warhol! That's happening on September 28 (ticket info here) with Dean & Britta a little over a week later, so the Met is bringing the heat. No official word on their cheesesteak policy as of press time (New York Times)
- Few artists have the power to make the Internet collectively flip when they kinda-sorta-announce something, and one such artist is Kevin Shields - who kinda-sorta-announced that a NEW MY BLOODY VALENTINE ALBUM might be out later on this year! He's technically been saying that over and over again in the 21 years since Loveless came out... but hey, get cautiously psyched! (Pitchfork)
- Hope you were ready to hear a new Timbaland & Missy Elliott track today, because that's exactly what's happening right now (Beats Per Minute)
- Still bummed you didn't get into the Kraftwerk retrospective shows at the Museum of Modern Art? Well here's some good news - starting tomorrow (4/7), the MoMA will be exclusively selling a new limited-edition version of the band's The Catalogue 8-album box set! (Rolling Stone)
- And as a little parting gift for the weekend, stream Deerhunter guitarist Lockett Pundt's sophomore solo album as Lotus Plaza, Spooky Action At A Distance after the jump. No sophomore slump here - easily going to wind up high on my Top Albums of 2012 list, and a must-listen for any Deerhunter fan (A.V. Club)