News time, my droogs!
- There's a tribute show for the legendary Curtis Mayfield taking place on July 20 at Lincoln Center. Considering Mavis Staples, Aloe Blacc, Tunde & Kyp from TV On The Radio, and The Impressions involved, you're going to want to be too - tickets on sale now (BrooklynVegan)
- It's been a good three years since 2009's Eating Us, but Black Moth Super Rainbow are officially recording new music!! Check out the great new cut "Spraypaint," and we'll keep an eye out for more (Pitchfork)
- Two of our favorite (and loudest) Future Nostalgia bands, Ceremony and Screaming Females, are letting their powers combine for a Spring / Summer tour! Kinda! While they won't be on the same bill here in NYC (Ceremony's got two shows on April 23 at Terminal 5 and Mercury Lounge, while Screaming Females will be here this Friday at The Bell House), they'll be rocking together in June from Austin, TX to Hamden, CT (Consequence of Sound)
- Speaking of Screaming Females, you can stream their new LP Ugly and pick it up via Don Giovanni today! (SPIN)
- Take this with the huuuuge grain of salt you need to apply to pretty much all NME articles, but the sons of The Beatles might form a band together. Once again: HUGE grain of salt (NME)
- Haven't been able to see the most excellent Deer Tick live? Wanna see them again, with the Levon Helm Band? Well get thee to Beacon Theatre this Friday! Tickets are still on sale (PhotoEveryone)
- And we'll head out into the night with the official video for Garbage's "Blood For Poppies" - their first new video in five years! - off of their upcoming album Not Your Kind Of People (due out May 15) (Spinner)