WELL HELLO THERE. How was your weekend? Pretty great? Cool, happy to hear it. Have some news, won't you?
- WERE YOU AWARE: Coachella happened over the weekend! It's also happening again NEXT weekend, for the first time in its history! The Internet being how it is, you can likely find professional-or-otherwise footage of everything that happened, but to boil it down: Radiohead was there, and so was an apparently pretty cool but still very odd holographic Tupac. Check out footage of both of those happenings below the jump (Stereogum)
- If you happened to be here in NYC over the weekend, you had the opportunity to see the original mid-'90s lineup of Hole (including Courtney Love) perform two songs together for the low low price of $10 at Brooklyn's Public Assembly. But even if you were here, you probably missed it. Ah well, that's what YouTube is for! (Consequence of Sound)
- One of the great joys of music news reporting is that, every so often, you hear about something that seems designed to blow your mind specifically. St. Vincent teaming up with former Talking Heads frontman David Byrne to release a new album this Fall is very much an example of tha-YAAAAAAY!!! (Rolling Stone)
- M. Ward is playing Prospect Park with Yo La Tengo on August 7, with tickets on sale this Friday (4/20). Sometimes you really don't need to set up a news item at all (BrooklynVegan)
- Ah what the hell, let's watch Jeff Mangum's full Coachella too (Beats Per Minute)