The world has turned and left us with some more awesome music news. Check it out!
- In what's guaranteed to be a concert experience that we'll remember for a long time to come, Icelandic atmospheric rock titans Sigur Ros are going on tour this summer in support of their upcoming album Valtari (out on May 29 via XL). We'll get to see / sit outside the ampitheater and listen to them in Brooklyn's Prospect Park on July 31 - get tickets at noon ET on April 20 or show up reeeeeally early to get a good picnic spot (Pitchfork)
- The legendary British music store Rough Trade recently announced that they'll be bringing their first-ever American outpost to Brooklyn this Fall, which will be even bigger than their beloved London flagship store. Thanks, England! (The Guardian)
- In other "Oh Hell Yes We're Going To This" news, Wu-Tang Clan's own GZA has confirmed that he'll be performing his legendary solo LP Liquid Swords in its entirety at Music Hall of Williamsburg on June 14. AmEx presale tickets are on sale now with a general sale tomorrow (4/13), you know what you have to do (BrooklynVegan)
- Conversely... Nate Dogg is performing at Coachella? As a HOLOGRAM? No, dude, I can't even... no (SPIN)
- I'm cautiously optimistic about the return of Bloc Party, so a chance to see them at Terminal 5 in August with some new material on their belts should be a potentially rad time (Consequence of Sound)
- And stream "Chew," the new single from one of our favorite bands of 2011 Yuck, below the jump! Click that thang (Yuck)