HAAAhahaha oh hey. Yes, so a lot of really great stuff happened in music today again, but you really need to see what's happening in the first bullet below first. Seriously.
- He's won awards for film soundtracks, rocked stages, and been the face of industrial rock for what feels like forever. But now the Internet has provided us with amazingly hilarious footage of Trent Reznor of Nine Inch Nails performing "Down In It" on the late '80s / early '90s dance show Dance Party USA. This is so completely awesome that I'm not even going to put it under the jump. The rest of the news can wait while you acknowledge that This Happened (Echoing The Sound)
HA! OK, let's move on then.
- Punk supergroup OFF! have released the first single from their upcoming self-titled debut LP (May 8 via VICE). No, it's not just a clip - "King Kong Brigade" is our first taste of the 16 tracks that'll take a total of 16 minutes to listen to. They'll also be touring with the reunited Refused for a tour that'll bring them to Bowery Ballroom on May 16, so that's a must-see (Pitchfork)
- Sonic Youth axeman Lee Ranaldo is riding high on the release of his new solo album, Between The Times and The Tides, and now you can check out a new video for "Angles" after the jump (Slicing Up Eyeballs)
- You can check out the video for Shearwater's "You As You Were" there too! (Sub Pop)
- ...And the video for Dum Dum Girls' "Coming Down!" Lotta new music videos today (Sub Pop)
- Bill Callahan (Smog) has a video out for his cover of Mickey Newbury's "Heaven Help The Child" out. Guess where you can watch it on this post? (Drag City)