It's been quite a day in terms of album reissues, festival news, and movie castings that have been plucked from our dream journal. But pop this article up on your phone and go read it outside, it's like summer out there right now!
- At long last, shoegaze legends My Bloody Valentine will reissue their classic LPs Isn't Anything and Loveless along with four EPs' worth of material from 1988 to 1991 and unreleased / rare tracks. The countdown to May 7 is ON! (Slicing Up Eyeballs)
- Speaking of long-awaited reissues, David Bowie will be celebrating the 40th Anniversary of The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars on June 5, with completely remastered tracks and an audio DVD with previously unreleased mixes (Consequence of Sound)
- INDEED. Michael K. Williams (Omar from The Wire) has officially signed on to play Ol' Dirty Bastard of the Wu-Tang Clan in an upcoming biopic about the late rapper's career and life. YES. TO. THIS. (Warming Glow)
- Happy 35th Anniversary to the B-52s! The band who taught us much about tin roofs rusting are playing four shows in the NYC area in July with Squeeze, plus a separate show in Englewood, NJ in early August (BrooklynVegan)
- I guess we can't complain about a lack of local festivals anymore. We've got another new one on July 28 & 29 called the Catalpa Festival with headliners including TV On The Radio & The Black Keys, along with Snoop Dogg performing Doggystyle in its entirety. Geanna expressly wanted that last part bolded (Pitchfork)