Hi! Have some news.
- (Hopefully not former) Sonic Youth axeman and generally great guy Lee Ranaldo's new album, Between the Times and the Tides, is out next Tuesday (3/20), but you can stream all of its goodness right now over at Rolling Stone. (RS)
- Legendary Minutemen bassist and also generally great guy Mike Watt is publishing a new memoir this May entitled On And Off Bass. He'll also be celebrating the release of this inevitably awesome book with two parties in NY and LA, the local version of which will take place on May 5 at Le Poisson Rouge and feature him & Dinosaur Jr.'s J. Mascis and Murph performing as Hellride East (Slicing Up Eyeballs)
- Go see Garbage on tour! No, that pun will never get old, but you really ought to see Shirley Manson and the gang when they roll through the East Coast and Canada. The tour will include a stop at Webster Hall on May 22, with ticket info coming soon. (Garbage)
- Remember The Hives? They're back, in Pog form! Or more accurately, with a new album called Les Hives dropping on June 5 - check out its leadoff single "Go Right Ahead." (Stereogum)
- Those Battles remixes we've been talking about are coming out as a full-on Dross Glop LP on April 17 via Warp. You'll also want to check out Battles drummer John Stanier and Black Moth Super Rainbow throw down a DJ set this Friday at The American Museum of Natural History's Rose Center - grab a ticket! (BrooklynVegan)